Sistema de Información Ambiental Territorial de la Amazonia Colombiana
The main objective is to contribute from the management of environmental information to the generation of knowledge, decision-making and social participation for the management of sustainable development of the Colombian Amazon through the following specific objectives:
- Contribute so that the processes of occupation in the Amazon territory are environmentally and socially sustainable.
- Organize and properly dispose of environmental information to support regional and national processes that affect the Colombian Amazon (CA). Processes such as: policy design, research, development, education, production and extraction of natural resources, environmental monitoring, environmental management, construction of a vision of the region.
- Design and establish a network of institutions and people operating under agreements around the management of environmental information.
- Promote the permanent assurance of environmental data of the Colombian Amazon managed by SINA entities.
- Facilitate access to environmental information on the Colombian Amazon for all audiences.
- Adapt, adopt or develop standards, protocols, technological solutions and processes for the capture, generation, processing, flow, dissemination and administration of the information generated from the Colombian Amazon.
- Respond to the demands for environmental information in the Colombian Amazon.